Town Hall and St Nicholas gardens
Ornamental seaside gardens.
- Spectacular views of South Bay
- Formal terraced gardens
- Close to town centre
The gardens on the top of the cliff were re-designed and constructed 1900 in preparation of the opening of the new Town Hall.
After the Town Hall was opened in 1903, the wooded, grassy area down the cliff were re-designed into terraced walks with flights of steps and lots of seating.
Today the park still has lots of seating and a viewing area that looks out to the harbour and is a convenient connection between beach and town.