Salary: £26,999 - £28,785 per annum
Scarborough Borough Council has an opportunity for an experienced, well organised and highly motivated Building Surveyor to join the Asset Management team. Asset Management deliver capital reinvestment and improvement projects, statutory compliance, planned and responsive maintenance to a diverse portfolio of Council properties. In addition, the team offers technical support, guidance and valuable expertise to internal and external stakeholders. As Building Surveyor you will project manage a variety of contracts, maintain key relationships with stakeholders, and undertake general surveying duties and inspections to ensure compliance is in place and adhered to.
You must possess the following attributes:
- a recognised qualification in building construction or building maintenance or significant experience;
- knowledge and experience of regulations and safety issues related to building maintenance and operations;
- experience of managing property maintenance and refurbishment projects;
- ability to communicate, influence and consult effectively with a range of stakeholders;
- confident in the use and development of technology based systems;
- ability to develop, implement and review strategies and action plans;
- lateral thinking to develop creative solutions to problems;
- confident decision maker.
If you would like further details or an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Martin Pedley on (01723) 232450 or Adrian Hill on (01723) 383136.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 28th June 2019
(If you have not been contacted by 19 July 2019, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion)