Managed by Community First Yorkshire, this project offers a range of help and support for past members of the armed forces over 65 years old.
The services available are a mixture of practical, financial and holistic support, including crisis funds to help beneficiaries remain independent at home (grants applicable to home owners and private tenants)
The following measures are just a few examples of minor works that would qualify for a grant through this scheme, other types of work essential to the safety and wellbeing of the beneficiary may also be considered.
- Gas safety checks and gas servicing for boilers and fires
- Servicing and repairs for other heating such as electric or oil
- Replacement of broken or damaged cooker
- Providing and installing smoke alarms and CO detectors
- Installing sensor lights to help residents access the bathroom safely during the night
Our wellbeing officers will carry out a free home visit to assess how we can help veterans to:
- Stay independent at home for longer
- Feel safer and more secure at home
- Stay warm and well
- Reduce the risk of falls
- Anyone who has served in the armed forces, completed National Service conscription, or worked in the Merchant Navy in support of the military at some time
- AND is over 65 years old
- AND lives in North Yorkshire
For more information or to make a referral
Make a referral to the White Rose Home Improvement Agency’s well being service online or call 01723 232527.
You can find out more on the Community First Yorkshire website.