Disabled facilities grants help disabled and elderly people to live more comfortably and independently in their own home.
A disabled facilities grant can be used to:
- make it easier for you to get in and out of your home
- make access to your living room, bedroom, kitchen or bathroom easier
- provide suitable bathroom, sleeping and kitchen facilities that meet your needs
- adapt heating and lighting controls for ease of use
- provide you with adequate heating to meet you medical condition
- make your home safer
Assessing your needs
Our Well Being service provides advice to help residents stay safe, well and maintain independence in their own homes, including support with minor and major adaptations to your home. Please request a free home visit below.
North Yorkshire County Council may need to visit your home to assess your needs. Depending on the outcome, a referral may be made to the Home Improvement Agency and we will then assess the work, obtain quotations, approve grant applications and oversee the adaptation process.
Means-tested grants of up to £30,000 are available to home owners and tenants to enable the recommended adaptations to take place.
If you fail to qualify, we can still support you through the adaptation process.