Lisa Dixon, Director of Democratic and Legal Services.
Summary of workscope
Providing the Deputy Monitoring Officer role for the council, including:
- reviewing and advising on reports to council, Cabinet and committees
- providing legal advice to the council, committees and the council’s senior management team on all aspects of the council’s work
- monitoring the governance arrangements of the council’s partnerships and providing guidance to the council in relation to those partnerships
- guidance on member conduct, standards committee work and investigations
- the authorisation of surveillance pursuant to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act